Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

MCM & Martha Stewart Punches


I was SO excited when Kristy  from Scrapbook Steals asked me to make the cards for this week’s MCM and even MORE excited when I saw what product she wanted me to use! Who doesn’t love Martha Stewart Edge Punches???!!! Scrapbook Steals have the best scrapbooking supplies in their online shop, with daily steals at 9am and 9pm MDT, and lots of inspiration, ideas and challenges on their blog.

I was given 2 double edge punches (I must admit to never having worked with these before – only the border and standard punches) and was told to ‘create’! They were so easy to use and I came up with endless possibilities following this week’s sketch:
The first card I made was using the daisy chain trim and the linked trim. I decided that the linked trim looked a little like a fence, so I paired it up with an image from The Paper Shelter (I must admit I didn’t color this one – when you purchase the digi from the shop you get both a colored and non-colored image – perfect when you are in a rush!) I added pink cardstock behind the punched border to make it stand out more and then highlighted the whole thing with green cardstock. I used the daisy chain trim both in the corner, and also cutting an individual flower to add to the twine. The papers are Echo Park’s ‘Victoria Gardens’ collection.

I then made a card using Simple Stories ‘Fabulous’ collection. I used the daisy chain trim for the border and then cut some more of the flowers from the border and ‘popped’ them up on foam dots.


Getting COMPLETELY carried away – I made 2 more cards! The first was using kraft and general cardstock, a variety of stamps and ‘bling’! I used the daisy chain trim with bling and cut out some of the individual flowers to highlight the stamped images.

And lastly, I love to make rosette flowers. I often use the border punches for a bit of variety and decided I would see how it came out using a double-edge punch. The answer – perfect! They are so easy to make and just adds a bit more dimension. I used basic colored cardstock, and by adding different widths of the brown over the border strip, you get a number of different effects.

The Martha Stewart punches are so versatile and easy to use, they make crafting a ‘piece of cake’! As you can see, they can used in a variety of ways, from making borders, making rosettes and flowers, using individual sections of the borders for embellishments, the list is endless. Just use your imagination and have fun!

Thank you so much Kristy and Scrapbook Steals for asking me to use these products – MS punches are definitely on my ‘wish list’ now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, they are all fabulous, I totally love the look of the rosette, very creative and inspiring and just so pretty!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerys these all came out great!

    ReplyDelete